Mobile Sync with QuickBooks Point of Sale – Get Paid Anywhere
Mobile Sync with QuickBooks Point of Sale Desktop allows you to sync inventory to an iPad or mobile phone, sell items, collect payment, and sync the sale back to your QuickBooks POS software. Read along, as I share an overview of the mobile sync feature, tech specs, getting started, and how it works.
Whether you need an in store line buster or an out and about POS for a pop-up store, special event or a convention, the Mobile Sync feature gives you the option to sell inventory linked to your QuickBooks Point of Sale Desktop software, ring up a ale, and accept credit card payments.
- Accept payments anywhere, anytime with a GoPayment account.
- Ring up sales and accept credit cards as well as checks and cash.
- Keep inventory levels accurate and up-to-date based on your mobiles settings.
- Use the All-in-One Bluetooth Card Reader to accept ApplePay, GooglePay, or SamsungPay. The price for this mobile reader is $49.
Watch the video to learn more and see how easy it is to get started.
It’s easy to get started accepting payment son the go with QuickBooks Point of Sale Mobile Sync. Check out what you need below.
- QuickBooks Point of Sale Desktop v18 or v19
- QuickBooks POS Payment Account with GoPayment
- If you do not have one, give us a call and we will help you get started. We will have our assigned QuickBooks Payments account manager reach out to you. Remember, there are no contracts with QuickBooks Payments.
- Compatible with iPhone and iPad on iOS: 10.0 or above
- Download the App: QuickBooks GoPayment POS App
- Mobile card reader
Now that you have QuickBooks Point of Sale installed, a QuickBooks Payments account attached, and your Mobile card reader, you are ready for the final steps so that you can make a sale on the go and accept payments.
Enable the Mobile Sync feature in QuickBooks POS
- Click the cloud ☁ icon located in the upper right corner.
- Select View Sync Preferences
- Select Sync Data
- Select the frequency of the sync
- Choose between every 5 minutes up to every 24 hours
- Select Save.
Sync specific inventory items to your mobile device
In QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale, select specific Items or whole Departments to sync with your mobile device (smartphone or tablet)
- From the Inventory menu, choose Item List.
- Highlight the item you wish to sell in GoPayment.
- Select the Edit button on the upper right to open the Edit Inventory Item window.
- In the More Info section, put a check on the Sync to Mobile checkmark-box.
- Select Save.
Install the GoPayment App & complete the sync
- From your mobile device, go to the App store and download the QuickBooks GoPayment POS app.
- Open the GoPayment app.
- Sign in to your QuickBooks Payments Account.
- Open the menu and tap Settings.
- Under Sync Settings, tap Sync Items.
How to sell an item in the app
Now that you are all set up and configured with QuickBooks POS Mobile Sync and your QuickBooks GoPayment App, you are ready to start selling anywhere whether it’s for line busting, at a pop up site, or a convention.
- Log into the app
- Select the items
- Take the payment
- Email or text the receipt
At the end of the day, based on your Mobile Sync settings in QuickBooks POS, inventory and sales will be up to date and accurate in QuickBooks POS software.
Mobile Sync with QuickBooks Point of Sale gives retail businesses an edge to accept credit cards anywhere and keep your POS inventory up to date and accurate. Here are additional links for reference: