QuickBooks Point of Sale v19 Sunsetting, Discontinued
QuickBooks POS v19 Sunsetting, Discontinued
Intuit announced support for QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale v19 will be sunsetted on October 3rd, 2023, we want to reassure you that our team is here to guide you through this journey. We know that you will have tough decisions to make on how you run your retail business in the coming months with the discontinuation of support for QuickBooks POS 19. Learn more about the QuickBooks Point of Sale 19 Intuit Software End User Agreement here.
With that said, thank you for selecting Ability Business as your QuickBooks Solution Provider and entrusting us to help you design a solution based on your needs. We have been busy behind the scenes laying out scenarios based on you, our clients and merchants, and what your needs will be during this transition period regarding QuickBooks POS 19. We have spent hours identifying four areas for you to address (think about), built out a list of questions & answers, and noted QuickBooks POS v19 resources. These areas are:
- How does this announcement about QuickBooks POS 19 impact my business?
- Will Ability Business still support QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 19.0?
- Will Ability POS Apps and Ability Financial Exchange (AFE) still work after QuickBooks POS 19 sunsets?
- Will Ability Business help guide me on this journey and my options?
Also, check out our QuickBooks POS Disco FAQs.
How does this QuickBooks POS 19 announcement impact my business?
Since 2005, the QuickBooks Point of Sale software has been a self-supporting product. The POS software is simple to use and has a helpful index that is located in the product. QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 19.0 will continue to work out of the box allowing you to manage vendors, customers, and inventory; make sales; and run reports.
First and foremost, Be sure that you are backing up your QuickBooks POS 19 data. Losing your day-to-day sales, receiving, orders and so much more is incredibly painful and stressful for a business. Power failure, media defects, disgruntled employees, or hardware problems can corrupt or destroy your company information.
Backing up your QuickBooks Point of Sale 19 data on a regular basis enables you to recover from such events as quickly and painlessly as possible. Failure to do so puts your entire business at risk. Keep backups of your data file in a safe location, preferably off-site. Keep your backups in a fireproof safe, or at a business records management facility.
The following support & services will be discontinued on October 3, 2023.
- Direct QuickBooks POS 19 Support
- QuickBooks Point of Sale Payments
- Givex Gift Card Service
- Store Exchange for QuickBooks POS 19 Multi-Store
- QuickBooks Point of Sale Mobile Sync & GoPayment
- Webgility Ecommerce Integration Service
- Vendor Lookup Service feature
- Constant Contact Email Campaigns
- QuickBooks POS Updates & Patches
Direct QuickBooks POS Support
Your access to QuickBooks POS Support via chat and phone support will be discontinued after October 3, 2023. Learn more about POS 19 discontinuation Ability Business will continue to support QuickBooks POS 19. Read more below about the QuickBooks Point of Sale help we will continue to provide.
QuickBooks Point of Sale Payments
QuickBooks POS Payments is an Intuit add-on service that will be discontinued with QuickBooks POS 19. This means you will not be able to accept credit & debit card payments, contactless payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay with the Tetra Lane 5000 or the IPP350..
Givex Gift Card Service
Since Givex Gift Cards are tied to your QuickBooks POS Merchant Account, you will no longer be able to sell & redeem gift cards with this service after QuickBooks Point of Sale 19 sunsets.
Store Exchange for QuickBooks POS 19 Multi-Store
Customers who use QuickBooks Point of Sale 19 Multi-Store will no longer be able to use the Store Exchange feature with Intuit Service. The Store Exchange feature allows you to transfer data between your HeadQuarters and Remote Stores with “mailbags”. You will need to set up an alternative communication method. Contact us to discuss how we can help.
QuickBooks Point of Sale Mobile Sync & GoPayment
The QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale Mobile Sync feature is tied to your QuickBooks Payment account, which allows you to sync inventory from QuickBooks Point of Sale 19 to a mobile phone or iPad using the GoPayment App. This feature is often used as a line buster, at a pop up show, or mobile event.
Webgility Ecommerce Integration Service
The eCommerce integration powered by Webgility® will no longer sync inventory, customers, and sales from connected shopping carts and online marketplaces with QuickBooks POS 19. Contact us to discuss how we can help.
Vendor Lookup Service
The Vendor Lookup Service connects QuickBooks POS 19 to a database that contains address information of vendors. As you manually add a new vendor, business information is displayed and you can select that vendor and the address is automatically populated in the correlating fields. .
Constant Contact Email Campaigns
QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 19.0 partnered with Constant Contact, a third-party email marketing provider, to provide a fully integrated email marketing solution. End users can still export the customer list to an Excel file for easy uploading.
QuickBooks POS 19 Updates & Patches
QuickBooks will no longer release updates and security patches for QuickBooks Point of Sale 19. Be sure to check your software and ensure that you are on the latest update prior to October 3, 2023. Release 11 (R11) is the latest update for QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 19.0.
In QuickBooks Point of Sale 19, go to Help, Software Updates, View Installed Updates. Here you can check to see what updates have been installed on that particular computer. We also suggest that you go to QuickBooks Downloads & Updates and download the latest installer and patch.
While you are checking what update you are on, we suggest that you jot down your QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 19.0 product information and keep it handy. You can also visit your Customer Account Management Portal (CAMPs) and update contact info where necessary. License information for your QuickBooks POS 19 can also be obtained by going to QuickBooks Point of Sale, Help, About QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale. A popup will display the information. Below is a list of the QuickBooks Point of Sale 19 product information we suggest.
- License Number
- Product Code
- Validation Code
- Company Name
- Contact Name
- Phone Number
- Zip Code
Will Ability Business still support QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 19?
Yes, Ability Business will continue to support QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 19 after the software is sunsetted. Ability Business has been supporting QuickBooks Point of Sale since 2005. Our team has the knowledge and expertise to troubleshoot issues, even after technical support for QuickBooks POS 19 is discontinued by Intuit.
As stated in our Standard Engagement Letter, “Our goal is to provide you with quality consulting services, on schedule and at a reasonable cost. Using our professional judgment, we will endeavor to assign work on your behalf to those consultants, analysts and developers that we deem appropriate under the circumstances. Although we will do our best to serve you effectively, we cannot guarantee success on any given project or endeavor. Nor do we guarantee that any particular result will be attained by us.”
Our team continues to support clients that are using older versions of QuickBooks Point of Sale. Support issues are defined as follows:
- System down, cannot make sales
- Unable to open QuickBooks POS
- POS clients cannot connect to the QuickBooks Point of Sale server
- Unable to print receipts
- Receipt printer is not connected
- Hardware issues
- Intuit Financial Exchange not syncing.
- Performance issues
- Exception thrown by the target of an invocation
- Invalid Product Number
- Error initializing QBPOS application log
Will Ability POS Apps and Ability Financial Exchange (AFE) still work after QuickBooks POS 19 sunsets?
All of our Ability POS Apps like Integrated Scale, Total Customer, Surcharge, and RoundUp Donations along with Ability Financial Exchange will be supported after the September 30th QuickBooks POS 19 sunset date. We have been developing and supporting QuickBooks software since 2006.
Will Ability Business help guide me on this journey and my options?
We understand that switching platforms and implementing new software can be stressful because it takes planning, time and training. It is an investment. Below are two scenarios to consider.
- Stay with QuickBooks Point of Sale 19, utilize Ability Support, and add Ability Payments.
- Migrate to a new POS system.
Stay with QuickBooks Point of Sale 19, utilize Ability Support, and add a 3rd Party payment processor.
Not ready to invest and transition to a new POS system? Ability has you covered! Our team will continue to support QuickBooks POS 19. Our support rate is $150 per hour. All support services are prepaid and support is billed in 6-minute increments. We suggest purchasing a 2-hour block of time that is available on your account. Time that is not used remains on your account for future use.
Contact us today to discuss your option for 3rd party payment processor, merchant services provider. Start the process today prior to QuickBooks Point of Sale payments ending 10/03/2023.
Migrate to a new POS system
Ability Business has partnered with Shopify and Lightspeed for those that wish to transition away from QuickBooks POS 19. We have spent the last couple months delving into these two offerings so that our team can help guide you through decision making. Selecting a new POS system takes time and thought. Head over to our blog Selecting and implementing an affordable ERP system – retail, wholesale, eCommerce which lists key points to consider:
- Breakdown your workflows to understand what you need
- Get feedback from your managers and the team
- Create your checklist
- Hire a consultant, if needed
- Review options, including third-party add-on software to increase the functionality
- Talk with an expert
- Test-drive or demo a system
- Run system reports
Migrate to Shopify & Shopify POS
With Shopify, small and mid-size retailers plus pop-up merchants will benefit from having a single back office to manage their online and in-store operations. Shopify is a reliable and customizable platform, so retailers feel confident growing their business.
Shopify offers a best-in-class comprehensive POS solution and Shopify will provide a migration path for existing QuickBooks POS 19 customers including data transfer and premium onboarding. Shopify POS syncs with Shopify to track your orders and inventory across your retail locations, online store, and other active sales channels. You can even view and manage your store’s orders from the app.
Shopify – Key Features
- Fully customizable website, online store, and blog
- Unlimited bandwidth, product inventory, and customer data
- Integrate with sales channels like Amazon, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok, and more
- 24/7 award-winning customer support
- 256-bit SSL certificates, Level-1 PCI compliance, and 99.99% uptime
Shopify POS – Key Features
- Cloud-based POS Software enables remote access for anytime, anywhere management
- Improved multi-store functionality with real-time inventory, order and customer sync
- E-commerce integration puts online and in-stores sales all in one place
- Integration with QuickBooks Desktop Financial Software
- Free Data Migration process
- Premium Onboarding (1:1 guided installation and set-up)
- Free Customer Support 24/7
- Turn any mobile device into a powerful point of sale. You can download the Shopify Retail POS app onto any Android or iOS smartphone or tablet.
- Personalize your POS system to your business. Keep your most-used apps, discounts, and products at your fingertips so you can fly through checkout.
- Get the perfect POS setup, whether you’re a pop up shop or a retail store. Shopify POS connects seamlessly with Shopify card readers and compatible hardware accessories.
Migrate to Lightspeed Retail
Lightspeed Retail is the most advanced one-stop commerce platform for retailers looking to sell everywhere, drive growth and easily accept payments. From managing complex multi-store inventories to developing varied online sales strategy, Lightspeed Retail unifies all the smart functionalities you need to power your business to new heights.
Whether you’re just starting out or looking to scale, you can achieve your most ambitious goals with our user-friendly suite of connected solutions and backed by our best-in-class support from in-house industry experts.Manage and grow your business the way you want with a one-stop retail POS platform.
- Easily process sales through the Lightspeed app, or connect Lightspeed Retail software to a variety of popular scanners, printers and registers.
- Sell from a wide variety of options, from physical products and services to digital goods and subscriptions.
- Simplify inventory management with a sophisticated product catalog that unites all your locations from a single dashboard.
- Lightspeed keeps you on top of your business performance with built-in reports to get the most out of your data.
- Connect with Lightspeed eCom to bring your store online, or integrate with other software to run your business at full capacity.
- Get the help you need from an experienced and dedicated team of specialists, available 24/7.
In Conclusion & Next steps
As you start this journey remember, our team is here to guide you through the next steps. Whether you want to stay with QuickBooks Point of Sale 19 or move to a new POS system, our team has you covered. Contact us today at 866-992-2454, option 5 or complete this contact form.
All the best,
System requirements for QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 19.0
Recent changes, improvements, and fixes in QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 19.0
QuickBooks Downloads & Updates