Update to Release 9 for QuickBooks Point of Sale 19.0
Quickbooks recently released a new patch, R9, that increases security and improves QuickBooks Payments processing for QuickBooks Point of Sale 19.0.
First, QuickBooks is moving the built-in browser for Payments sign in from IE 11 to Microsoft Edge so you will want to make sure that you install the update to Microsoft Edge to continue to sign into Payments. Check out the article for guidance.
Install the Microsoft Edge Update
- Use Windows + E on your keyboard to open File Explorer.
- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 19.0\Drivers\WebView2Runtime.
- Right-click on MicrosoftEdgeWebView2RuntimeInstallerX86.exe and select Run as Admin.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to install the update. The installation should take 5–10 minutes.
QuickBooks Point of Sale Patch, Release 9 Information
Secondly, the QuickBooks POS R9 (Release 9) patch will need to be installed. Patch notes are cited here by POS Care on the Intuit QuickBooks support page:
- The built-in browser requires an update for Payments sign in. Find out more.
- Contactless Tap limit increases to $9,999.00.
- When you manually process MasterCard, you’ll also need the street address.
- Voice Auth field should no longer be blank when you process a voice authorization.
- The card info now stays when you manually enter a credit card on the Swipe tab.
- Credit Card transactions that fail address verification no longer encounter an access violation error.
To avoid interruption of these services, it is important that QuickBooks Point of Sale customers who are on earlier releases (R1-R8) will need to update their software by April 30, 2022
Below are best practices for updating to the new QuickBooks patch release and additional resources.
How to check your QuickBooks POS Version
Easily check your QuickBooks POS version following the steps below:
- Sign into QuickBooks POS
- Go to Help on the navigator bar
- Scroll down and select About QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale
- A popup display will appear with the version information
The example below shows that this QuickBooks POS v19 is on Release 8.
Best Practices to update to the next Release
The Ability Team encourages you to plan ahead for your POS update, backup your QuickBooks POS file, and update the QuickBooks POS server first then your other POS client stations. Be sure to have the credentials for QuickBooks POS Sysadmin and the Intuit Payments account.
Here are some tips and best practices when updating your QuickBooks POS system to the newest release.
- Select a time before or after business hours to update your POS stations
- Close out of all your QuickBooks POS client stations
- On the QuickBooks POS server station, go to File – Back Up Data
- Then go to Help – Software Updates – Check for Updates
- A popup display will appear information
- Select Update Now, then Ok
- You may receive an Authorize prompt, select Ok.
- A popup display will appear showing your POS update progress
- Once updated, a popup display will show the update was successful, select Ok.
- Restart the computer
- Complete Steps 4 through 10 for your additional QuickBooks POS client stations.
- Check your file, run reports.
- Check POS hardware settings.
- Run a test transaction with your pinpad.
- Get back to running your business with QuickBooks POS!
Resources for Updating QuickBooks Point of Sale
Here are additional resources to reference when updating QuickBooks Point of Sale to the newest release.
- Recent changes, improvements, and fixes in QuickBooks Point of Sale 19.0
- Update QuickBooks Point of Sale
- Download QuickBooks Point of Sale
- Install QuickBooks Point of Sale
- System requirements for QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 19.0
QuickBooks Support Options*
- QuickBooks POS Care chat
- QuickBooks POS Direct 800-348-0254
*You’ll need to have a purchase confirmation or receipt that includes your order and license numbers, purchase date, version, and the amount of users for the license.
Ability Business Support Options
- Our team is available when you need additional expert QuickBooks support & training services. Our fee is $150/hour – billed for the time you use. We offer prepaid support packages that you can have available on your account to use when the need arises.
- Contact Sales at 866.992.2454 to discuss your needs and purchase a package.
All the Best,
General Manager, Ability